Portion feeds: 2
Inspired by: A meal that was served at a table next to me, in a Budapest Restaurant.
Created, tested and approved by Jô on: November 2014.
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 large red onion
2 sausages of your choice
½ of a chicken breast
1 pork tenderloin
1 filet mignon
1 large portobello mushroom
Potatoes (for French fry)
1) Roast a red and a yellow bell pepper. Leave the pepper whole while cleaning it.
2) Cut 1 slice from the middle of a large red onion about ½” thick, season with curry and olive oil. Let it slowly caramelize under medium to low heat.
3) Use your favorite potato to make French fries. Cut the potato in long and thin strips. You will be frying the French fries at the end of the meal preparation and you want it to fry fast. A large size would look unsightly and would take longer to fry.
4) Pork Tenderloin: Cut the tenderloin in a bias so you end up with a larger piece of meat, than you would if you cut a medallion. Season the pork with lemon and salt.
5) Take ½ of a chicken breast. Remove the tenderloin and cut off a small piece to even the thickness of the breast. When loading the tower, it is important to have all the ingredients evenly cut so the tower does not collapse. Season the chicken with rosemary and black pepper.
6) Season the filet mignon with salt and black pepper.
7) Clean a large portabella mushroom cap.
8) Set up your grilling contraption and go to town. Grill the sausage, pork tenderloin, chicken, filet mignon and portobello mushroom. Flatten the portobello mushroom with a saucer while grilling it.
9) At this time, you should have your French fries on the way also.
10) When the portobello is done, take the portobello mushroom from the grill. Put in a plate drizzle with ½ tbsp. of balsamic vinegar and put back on the grill to finish it off.
Putting the tower together:
On a serving plate:
Split the sausage in half; place the sausage with the flat side down on the bottom of the plate.
Place the flat portobello mushroom on top of the sausage.
Place the chicken breast on top of the portobello mushroom.
Place ½ of the roasted yellow bell pepper, 3 large leaves of basil and ½ of the roasted red bell pepper on top of the chicken.
Place the pork tenderloin on top of the roasted bell peppers.
Place the onion on top of the pork tenderloin.
Place the filet on top of the onions.
Place the tiny thin fresh fries on top of the filet.
Garnish with chives or any other herb you like.
This recipe as is will serve two people. Get a nice bottle of strong red wine and have a great time. You may stretch this to 3 by adding a side of pasta with garlic and oil or a large portion of French fries.
This recipe does not take into consideration for any possible food allergy, digestive problems or any other physical problem one may have regarding consumption of food. Therefore, you are responsible for what you eat.
Copyright© Edge of Humanity LLC 2014