Course: Super dinner for special occasions
Fantastic dinner for 3.
Family style 6 to 8. Serve two rib racks to each person and add your favorite side dishes.
2 lamb rib rack approximate 1 ¼ lbs. each
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
3 bulb onions
2 cloves of garlic
Panko Japanese style Bread crumbs
Grated Parmesan cheese
16” pizza pan preferably with no lip.
1) Dice about 2 cups of red, green and orange bell pepper.
2) Place the peppers in a frying pan with 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat and let it caramelize. Add the garlic and stir for a couple of minutes. Then add tbsp. of balsamic vinegar and allow all the juices to evaporate before removing the peppers from the frying pan.
3) Slice 3 bulb onions. Place the onions on a frying pan, with 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat and allow the onions to caramelize. Then add 1 tsp. of curry and stir it for a couple minutes. Remove from the frying pan.
4) Diced ½ of a whole jalapeno.
5) Preparing the lamb
a) That’s how the lamb rib rack looks out of the package.
b) Remove some of the fat from the rib rack. Cut off the meat between the bones on the top of the rib rack and make a cut between the bones on the bottom (thick part) of the rib rack. Do not go through the flesh, just one cut so the meat is flexible to be able to mold into a circle.
c) Season the rib rack with sprinkle of turmeric, coriander, cumin, salt and a squeeze of lemon.
d) Dice the meat you removed from between the ribs and put it aside.
e) Breading one side of the ribs: Use 1 cup of Panko Japanese style bread crumbs and 1/3 of a cup of grated Parmesan cheese and oregano. Set up the usual flour, eggs and bread crumbs assembly line but, only on the outside of the rib rack. The outside is the side with the bottom cuts.
6) Cook 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice using package instructions less 5 minutes and less ½ cup of water. You must have all the above ready to be assembled, before cooking the rice. Salt the rice to taste.
7) Erecting the rib rack: With the cut side facing out arrange the rib rack into a circle on a pizza pan. Using a twine tie the rib bones on both ends of the racks. Stand the rack in the center of the pizza pan. By using the pizza pan you can slide the rack into a serving plate later.
8) In a bowl, add the rice, peppers, onions, raw diced lamb and jalapeno and mix it well.
9) Spoon the rice mixture into the center of the rib rack up to the exposed bones height. Push the rice down with a spoon so you can fit more rice and have a solid base when you move the stuffed rack of lamb into a serving platter. Pack more Panko on the outside of the ribs. Place the rack in a 400°F. oven for 40 minutes. The rib rack is done when it measures 135°F inside of the ribs.
10) Remove the stuffed rack of lamb from the oven. Cover with foil and give about 20 minutes before slowly moving the rack into a serving platter. Using a large spatula scrap under the rib rack to loosen the bottom of the rib rack from the pizza pan. After the rack is completely loose, use a large spatula under the rack in one side and your hands on the other and slowly slide the stuffed rack of lamb onto a serving platter. Add basil and (or) mint to taste.
Serving suggestions: Serve with a very nice red wine. Enjoy!
This recipe does not take into consideration for any possible food allergy, digestive problems or any other physical problem one may have regarding consumption of food. Therefore, you are responsible for what you eat.
Copyright© Edge of Humanity LLC 2022
Edge of Humanity Magazine’s
FREE Projects & Other Services
To Promote Works From Artists,
Photographers, Poets & Writers
PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK, SHORT STORIES & MUSIC Recommendations FREE Platform For Artists NO MIDDLEMAN ART GALLERY In The Mind Of An Artist Open Submissions for Writers & Poets Photo Curator PRESS RELEASE On Edge of Humanity Magazine Photography Articles
Edge of Humanity Magazine is an independent nondiscriminatory platform that has no religious, political, financial, or social affiliations.
We are committed to publishing the human condition, the raw diverse global entanglement, with total impartiality.
Support This Small Independent Magazine
Follow Edge of Humanity Magazine
Not on WordPress?
Don’t Forget to add
to your reader or bookmarks