Cut one apple julienne style. Add a squeeze of lemon to keep the apple sticks from losing bright color.
1) Roast the walnuts.
2) Add sugar to the hot pan containing the walnuts already roasted.
3) Watch the sugar melt. Stir the walnuts into the caramel quickly. Do not allow the caramel to burn.
4) Remove the caramelized walnut from the head and set it aside.
5) When the walnuts are cool, chop them into smaller pieces and set aside.
This salad is about bold flavors. Here’s my selection of greens. You may make your own. But keep in mind to choose greens that are naturally spiced and flavored.
Add also: chopped basil leaves and mint to the above mixture.
Crumbly Gorgonzola blue-cheese:
Roasted red peppers:
Use your favorite way to cook your steak. Don’t add any other condiment other than salt and pepper. Allow the meat to rest. Cut the steak into thin slices. Keep the steak juice for the dressing.
Ingredients for the dressing:
2 cloves of garlic: grated and lightly fried.
1 tbsp. of original stone ground mustard
1 tbsp. of honey
1/4 cup of a very good balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup of a very good extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of a very good red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. of dried oregano
1/4 tsp. of dried parsley
1/4 tsp. of dried cilantro
1/4 tsp. of pepper corn blend
1/4 tsp. of salt
Putting the salad together: Select the amount of every ingredient according with the taste of the person eating the salad. There’s no right or wrong here. What you want to keep in mind is that soggy salad doesn’t taste as good as fresh ones. So fix the plates as you are ready to consume the salad.
1) Add all the greens, walnuts, blue-cheese, apple and dressing to a bowl. Stir the ingredients together. Place the dressed ingredients on to a plate.
2) Add the roasted peppers, onions and steak on top of the dressed ingredients and your salad is ready.
1) Serve with cold beer and french bread.
This recipe does not take into consideration for any possible food allergy, digestive problems or any other physical problem one may have regarding consumption of food. Therefore, you are responsible for what you eat.
Copyright© Edge of Humanity LLC 2019