Course: Side dish / appetizer
Portion feeds: Side dish feeds between 4 and 6.
4 large Asian eggplants
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 large onion
Fresh basil leaves
Fresh mint leaves
1 head of garlic
Ingredients for the dressing:
1 tbsp. of Soy sauce
2 tbsp. of Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. of Extra virgin olive oil
Chili pepper flakes to your taste
1) Roast all bell peppers using your favorite way to do so.
2) Cut the large Asian eggplants in half lengthwise. Place them on a large pizza pan. Drizzle with olive oil and place a sheet of aluminum foil, on top of the eggplants. Put the eggplants in a 375°F oven for 1 ½ hrs. Every 30 minutes take the eggplants out and drizzle olive oil on them.
3)Drizzle olive oil on the head of garlic then place it on the aluminum foil, making a package and place in the oven, with the eggplants.
4) Slice one large onion in rings. Place the onion on a frying pan over medium heat with 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Stir occasionally and let the onion caramelize, before removing it from the heat. We are looking for dark brown onions.
5) Clean all the roasted peppers and slice the peppers lengthwise.
6) Remove the garlic pulp from the roasted garlic.
7) Scoop the flesh of the eggplants (see picture).
8) Place the eggplants, peppers, onions and garlic in a large serving bowl. Add the dressing ingredients and stir well.
9) Hold from adding the feta cheese, basil and mint leaves for the last minute, right before serving.
1) You can use this dish as a side dish to any meat.
2) You can add to crusted bread.
3) You can stir it up, into any pasta and make a light pasta, for lunch or dinner.
4) You can serve with wine or beer.
This recipe does not take into consideration for any possible food allergy, digestive problems or any other physical problem one may have regarding consumption of food. Therefore, you are responsible for what you eat.
Copyright© Edge of Humanity LLC 2019